GMES initial Operations (GIO) Land Monitoring 2011 – 2013 in the framework of regulation (EU) No 911/2010 Pan-EU Component
DDNI roll: National coordinator, 11 persons
From 1990 to 2012 the The European Environment Agency implemented the CORINE Programme (Co-ordination of Information on the Environment). Romania within National Reference Centre has implemented national CORINE LAND COVER inventory at the reference years 1990 , 2000 , 2006 and 2012 to derive the national CLC_Changes database and metadata. The information obtained within the project, as digitized land cover maps at 1:100 000 scale for whole territory of Romania represent a reference data set for spatial and territorial analysis for different territorial levels.
- New Corine Land Cover inventory, including :
- Corine Land Cover Change mapping 2006-2012 of all land cover changes between 2006 and 2012 with a spatial resolution of 5 ha for the standard 44 Corine Land Cover classes, including metadata according to INSPIRE specifications
- Corine Land Cover 2012 dataset with 25 ha minimum mapping unit, including metadata according to INSPIRE specifications;
- Verification of products (HRLs – high resolution layers, Grassland , Imperviousness, forest , Wetlands and Water bodies)
- Enhancement of products (HRLs – high resolution layers)
- HANGANU Jenică , CONSTANTINESCU Adrian, Grigoraș Ion, Dynamics of the Land cover changes in Romania, paper presented at IGU-LUCC 2014 SYMPOSIUM Land Use-Land Cover Changes and Land Degradation (LUCC&LD), Bucharest, Romania, June 23-26, 2014.
Danube Delta National Institute for Research and Development
Babadag Street, nr. 165, PO 820112, Tulcea City, Romania
Access your data within the intranet